Add this webinar to your calendar:
Previously recorded. Watch at your own pace.
In this webinar, we will discuss assessment, interviewing and joining techniques that allow you to learn about your client as well as form the basis for a continued, healthy therapeutic alliance. Some key skills that will be taught are:
Joining, helping defuse tension feeling at ease, setting the stage.
Assessment of the problem
Related history taking
Reflection, collaboration, checking and refining
responding to personality disorders in intake process
statement of boundaries, appointment making etc
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
intro 10 min
explain practitioner state of mind and focus 10 min
skill set one (20 min): joining, helping defuse tension feeling at ease, setting the stage.
skill set two (20 min) Assessment of the problem
skill set three (20 min) Strengths-based interviewing
skill set four (20 min) Related history taking
skill set five (20 min) Reflection, collaboration, checking and refining
skill set six (20 min) personality disorders
skill set seven (20 min) Conclusion, statement of boundaries, appointment making etc
Q and A and summary (20 min)
- Practitioners will learn how to conduct effective intake and interview
- Practitioners will learn techniques to assess and join with client
- Practitioners will learn techniques to set goals and collaborate in the development of plan for treatment
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437