Add this webinar to your calendar:
4 CE Credits
ABCs and DEFs of REBT
Get a basic overview of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy, emphasizing how irrational beliefs lead to unhealthy emotions. Learn the ABC model (Activating Event, Belief, Consequences) for identifying irrational beliefs and unhealthy emotions. This training will then discuss how to effectively dispute irrational beliefs and generate rational beliefs, that will lead to healthier consequences, through the DEF model (Dispute, Effective New Belief, Functional Consequence).
Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- Attendees will be able to describe the REBT theory of emotional and behavioral change that can ameliorate anxiety and anger to help one achieve life goals
- Attendees will be able to explain how irrational beliefs lead to unhealthy emotions and behaviors (B-C Connection)
- Attendees will be able to identify specific irrational beliefs and cognitive distortions as they relate to generating anxiety and anger
- Attendees will be able to write an ABC framework for an example of their own, Identify dysfunctional beliefs and how they lead to disturbance
- Attendees will identify the types of disputational strategies to counter irrational beliefs
- Attendees will be able to generate an effective new belief and how it can lead to functional emotions
- Attendees will be able to state empirically-derived treatment strategies for the treatment of anger and anxiety
Part 1 - Basic Overview of REBT & in-depth explanation of the Irrational Beliefs (60 minutes)
Part 2 - Explanation of the ABC model and working through examples together (60 minutes)
Part 3 - Explanation of the different types of disputes and working through examples together (60 minutes)
Part 4 - How to construct Effective New Beliefs (45 minutes)
Part 5 - Integration and Review (15 minutes)
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 4 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.