Tuesday, July 18th, 2023 10:00 AM America/New_York Tonya M. Logan, LICSW, LCSW-C
Add this webinar to your calendar:
Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) are potentially traumatic events that can have negative, lasting effects on health and well-being. Research has sought to quantify the prevalence of ACEs and illuminate their connection with negative behavioral and health outcomes later in life. This interactive seminar will highlight the significance of ACEs so that we might more easily connect with our clients and thus advance their healing. ACEs documentation can also be helpful in clinical documentation. Participants will look at the significance and purpose of quality clinical documentation and will review quality progress notes, treatment planning, and compare SOAP versus GARP notes. We must be clear as to the expectations in the event our documentation is audited or presented as evidence in the legal system.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
Trauma (30 minutes)
Study Findings (15 minutes)
Suggested Approaches (15 minutes)
ACEs Questionnaire (15 minutes)
Examples and Promising Interventions (45 minutes)
Aspects of Proper Documentation (15 minutes)
Examples and SOAP versus GARP notes (45 minutes)
- Clearly define trauma and its long-term negative implications on health outcomes.
- Suggest approaches to eliminate or decrease ACEs.
- Distinguish between facts, observations, data, and opinions,
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437