Add this webinar to your calendar:
ADHD is a neurological condition, but it has significant psychological effects on how a person sees themselves, addresses challenges, and interacts with others. While standard therapy techniques can be beneficial, therapists who better understand the many effects of ADHD on a person’s life and mindset will be much more effective, whether in individual, couples, or family therapy. We will discuss four inter-related areas:
Dr. Tuckman's books can be found here:
- Attendees will be able to assist clients with understanding, accepting, and integrating a diagnosis of ADHD, whether in themselves, a romantic partner, or a child.
- Attendees will describe ways that ADHD can impact both romantic partners and the common dynamics that ensue.
- Attendees will be able to address the maladaptive coping mechanisms that are common to those with ADHD and help them create a resilient mindset.
- Attendees will create more sustainable solutions to differences and disagreements in relationships
- Attendees will be able to explain how to help clients improve their relationship and sexual functioning and satisfaction by creating better balance in the relationship.
- Attendees will be able to assist clients with understanding, accepting, and integrating a diagnosis of ADHD, whether in themselves, a romantic partner, or a child (1.5 hours).
- What it means to have neurologically-based deficits (that look willful)
- Happiness comes from not only improving performance, but also actively accepting limitations
- Mourning past struggles and a future that will differ in some ways from expectations
- Applying understanding and acceptance to create a life worth living
- Attendees will be able to assist clients to make well informed, well considered choices about treatment options (1.5 hours).
- What are the facts about various treatment options?
- Why do some clients have such reservations about medication, despite it being the most effective treatment for ADHD?
- Why are much less effective non-medication remedies often preferred?
- Assisting clients to assess the risks and benefits of potential treatments, as well as non-treatment, so they can make a fully informed choice.
- Attendees will be able to address the maladaptive coping mechanisms that are common to those with ADHD and help them create a resilient mindset (1.5 hours).
- The deficits of ADHD tend to make certain experiences more common which makes specific maladaptive coping mechanisms more common. While logical and sometimes beneficial, overall they do not serve the person with ADHD.
- We will discuss specific methods to address each of these particular maladaptive coping mechanisms and create a more resilient mindset in the face of challenge or adversity.
- Addressing the interaction effect of comorbid conditions like anxiety, depression, substance abuse, sleep disorders, etc.
- Attendees will be able to help clients improve their relationship and sexual functioning and satisfaction by creating better balance in the relationship (1.5 hours).
- Discuss the many ways that ADHD can impact a couple's relationship, including their sex life.
- We will discuss how to restore balance and good feelings so they can function better and be happier together.
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 6 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.