Monday, April 15th, 2024 5:00 PM EDT
April 8th and 15th, 2024
5:00 PM to 8:00 PM EST
This Two Half Day Webinar includes a total of 6 CE Credits. The cost of the full day is $99.99. This webinar is live and interactive (Category 1)
To register for the Two Half Days, Click "BUY IT NOW". If you have any difficulty registering, please contact us here.
Part 1: April 8th, 2024 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST
A Rock Feels No Pain: Clinical Insights and Practical Interventions for Adult Males Sexually Victimized as Children Part 1
Child sexual abuse has significant ramifications upon the psychological, emotional and interpersonal functioning of men in today's society. An estimated 6% of men have experienced sexual coercion in their lifetime (i.e., unwanted sexual penetration after being pressured in a nonphysical way); and 11.7% of men have experienced unwanted sexual contact, with the majority of victimization occurring during childhood.
Historically, male survivors of child sexual abuse have been unlikely to disclose and seek therapeutic services for their victimization. Amongst those who do, many feel an elevated sense of shame and guilt, while others feel caught in the societal double-bind in which expression of feelings is frowned upon and the presentation as vulnerable has historically been stigmatized amongst male victims.
Part 2: April 15th, 2024 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST
A Rock Feels No Pain: Clinical Insights and Practical Interventions for Adult Males Sexually Victimized as Children Part 2
The aim of this presentation is to introduce an enhanced perspective of effective treatment of adult male victims of child sexual abuse, given the unique challenges they face. Therapists will receive an overview of effects of abuse and a sampling of societal stereotypes and their impact on identification and effective treatment for these victims, their spouses and their families.
They will learn concrete interventions targeting themes of isolation; shame and guilt; healthy expression of vulnerable feelings; and finding meaning in their traumatic experiences. Additional focus will be on helping the male client minimize maladaptive, avoidant and compulsive methods of coping with their childhood trauma. Clinical interventions for the spouses and family-members of the survivor will be an additional focus of the presentation. For therapists providing community prevention and awareness training, the information provided will be helpful in appropriate dissemination of information to the public in a research-supported manner.
This Two Half Day Webinar includes a total of 6 CEs.
Webinars included in this package:
Certificates Provider -These webinars offer 6 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapist Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- This course, A Rock Feels No Pain: Clinical Insights and Practical Interventions for Adult Males Sexually Victimized as Children, Approval 220231128-1 provided by NEFESH: The International Network of Orthodox Mental Health Professionals, is approved for continuing education by the New Jersey Social Work Continuing Education Approval Collaborative, which is administered by NASW-NJ. CE Approval Collaborative Approval Period: August 31, 2024. New Jersey social workers will receive 6 Clinical or Social Cultural Competence CE credit for participating in this course.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.