Add this webinar to your calendar:
Autism Spectrum is a complex neurodevelopmental disorder that currently impacts 1 in every 55 children born in the USA. This presentation will focus on two of the most worrisome behaviors within the disorder; resistance and aggression, while giving greater understanding of these behaviors from a neurophysiological perspective. Additionally, ‘hands on’ strategies that address these problems in the clinic, playroom, classroom and the home environment will be illustrated through clinical video footage.
- 1) Attendees will be able to explain the neurophysiological origins of resistance and aggression in the brains of persons impacted by autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
- 2) Attendees will be able to describe the impact of aggression and resistance in persons impacted by autism spectrum disorder (ASD) as it applies to family members, teaching staff and the clinical community.
- 3) Attendees will be able to discuss solution based strategies that parents, teachers and professionals can do to minimize resistance and aggression in persons impacted by autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
I: Resistance and Aggression in the Playroom, the Classroom and the Home 60 minutes
- Hour to be divided into lecture, video/clinical demonstration of lecture points and Q & A with attendees.
II: Resistance and Aggression Reflected in the Brain 30 minutes
- Segment divided into active lecture with video/clinical demonstration of lecture points.
III: The History and Therapeutic Intervention 60 minutes
- Segment divided into active lecture and guided discussion by Dr. Hess
IV: Psychopharmacological Interventions 20 minutes
- Segment will be divided into active lecture and Q & A with attendees.
V: Evaluation of presentation by attendees 10 minutes
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.