Christian Greene, LICSW
Add this webinar to your calendar:
Full Day Webinar
July 20th 2020
This Full Day Webinar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CE Credits. The cost of the full day is $99. You may attend an individual class for $59. This webinar is live and interactive.
Both classes Fulfill the NEW DC criteria for topics identified as "Key Public Health Priorities". Get up to 6 CE Credits.
To register for the FULL DAY Click "BUY IT NOW". To register for just one class, click on the Class/link below.
If you have any difficulty registering, please email us at [email protected] .
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM EDT
HIV Today: Prevention, Treatment, and Ethical Considerations
(3 CE Credits - Ethics, NY State - 3 CE Contact Hours)
After more than 30 years of an HIV Epidemic, what have we learned? This class will take a look at the current situation in the US regarding HIV. We will look at current ideas on HIV prevention and ethical issues that still arise in our work with the HIV positive population.
(Trainer, Lisa R. Connors, LCPC, M.Div, MA, NCC, has served in the HIV field for over 20 years, a current member and past Co-Chair of the HIV Planning Group (HPG) for the state of Maryland, and past member of the Board of Directors for the Maryland Chapter of NASW. She has also served as the Division President of the Maryland Association for Spiritual, Ethical, & Religious Values in Counseling, a division of the Maryland Counseling Association.)
1:45 PM - 4:45 PM EDT
(3 CE Credits - Ethics, NY State - 3 CE Contact Hours)
Ethics of being a Mandated Reporter: When Personal and Professional Ethics collide
As professionals, parents, friends, and relatives we embrace and protect our children. Yet when does community intervention cease to be enough? When does the duty to protect require the intervention of the government? What happens when you don’t trust that the government will intervene in the most ethical wholistic way? What are my obligations as a citizen and a professional?
This interactive training will help participants determine their obligation to the child while struggling with their own biases and feelings. This training will help mandated reporters address their own internal conflicts so that they might act to protect children and promote safety. Participants will learn how to distinguish between their legal, ethical, and personal obligations as a mandated reporter. Myths and realities of being a mandated reporter and of the child welfare system will be discussed. Participants will develop a clear knowledge base so that they can make informed decisions and understand their rights, roles, and responsibilities as a mandated reporter.
(Trainer, Christian Greene, LICSW, has practiced in child welfare since 2005. She is the former Child Welfare Ombudsman for the District of Columbia)
This One Day Seminar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CEs. The cost of the full day is $99. You may attend an individual class for $59.
Webinars included in this package:
Certificates Provider -These webinars offer 6 Continuing Education Credits
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.