Add this webinar to your calendar:
In 2021 the CDC reported over 100,000 deaths by overdose. This represents a 28.5% increase over the previous year which already had over 70,000 overdose deaths! If you’re thinking what I’m thinking, it is time to talk about promoting healing and long term sobriety. It is time for some conversations and education. Many clinicians, first responders, and healthcare professionals are unaware of how they may contribute to the perpetuation of stigma. We as humans, even with professional ethics, training and licenses are still prone to biases and stigma, especially with persons who struggle with substance use/abuse issues.
This presentation will help participants look at personal biases and strategies to combat counterproductive attitudes that cause harm to the same people our codes of ethics, profession and policy are designed to protect. If your thinking what I’m thinking, it is time to talk about reducing stigma and personal biases by re-embracing our commitments to service, dignity and worth of person. We as Professionals have a call and platform to decrease these numbers, empower others to live by providing non-biased service and treatment options for those affected by Substance Use Disorder.
- Participants will be able to acknowledge personal bias and perpetuation of stigma in therapeutic settings.
- Participants will be able to implement strategies to combat counterproductive attitudes towards people with substance abuse issues.
- Participants will be able to engage in healing conversations that motivate and encourage growth and continued sobriety
What is Stigma?
Three types of stigma
Identifying myths related to addiction
Acknowledging personal bias
Opioids versus opiates what’s the difference?
Evidence-based addiction treatment
Understanding, heroin, and methadone
Replacing ideals with education
Personalizing, addiction and recovery
Healing conversations reduce stigma
Reduced stigma equals a saved life
Conclusion, discussion & review, summary
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.