Add this webinar to your calendar:
The relationship between brothers and sisters, who are about four years of age, has been called a “first marriage,” since they are each other’s first peer relationship. During this time, they learn (or don’t learn) to start, resolve, and avoid fights; to compete, save face, negotiate, cooperate; to go back and forth between loving and fighting; to know when to exert power and when to withdraw or rely on other skills such as humor, manipulation, blackmail, tattling, bartering, silence.
Our clients bring these learned (or not learned) skills from childhood to their adult lives, transferring them onto their love and work relationships. Three core issues explain this: frozen images, crystallized roles, and unhealthy loyalty. Further, old unresolved childhood issues sometimes lead to behavioral problems that have an unconscious “message” to siblings. This workshop will professionals recognize and determine ideas for how to incorporate these hidden resources in their treatment of individuals and couples.
Introducing concept of “siblings as first marriage” 10 minutes
Introducing “Ghost” concepts of frozen images, 60 minutes
crystallized roles, unhealthy loyalty, and
Sibling Connection to Clients’ Problems: 60 minutes
Recognizing the purpose of symptoms related to
15 minute break
Recognizing sibling transference in clients’ 45 minutes
love and work problems
How to present the idea of involving siblings in your 30 minutes
Clients’ treatment and prepare them for talking
With their siblings
How to help siblings without their siblings’ involvement 15 minutes
Wrap up and summary 5 minutes
- Participants will be able to recognize frozen images, crystallized roles, and unhealthy loyalty (the Ghosts).
- Participants will be able to recognize sibling transferences in their clients
- Participants will be able to identify client's symptoms that may be subtly or unconsciously related to a sibling.
- recognize if siblings are a part of a client’s problem or if they can be part of the solution
- Recognize client’s sibling transferences in love and at work
- Prepare clients’ for involving siblings
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437