Add this webinar to your calendar:
There are several evidence based modalities that provide clinicians with specific instructions on how to guide clients through the process of gradual exposure to trauma and the processing phase of trauma treatment. In this training, a compilation of several modalities will be presented, focusing on the art of developing a successful and effective trauma narrative. Helping client process trauma using gradual exposure can be a delicate, yet important step in helping them “conquer” the traumatic memories. Creating a trauma narrative is the most important step in: helping to reduce intrusive and trauma related imagery, helping reduce avoidance of situations and feelings associated with trauma, and identifying unhelpful cognition's about traumatic events.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Present the theoretical rationale of the trauma narrative technique
- Help clients overcome resistance towards constructing a trauma narrative and motivate client towards being cooperative with this challenging process
- Help clients construct narratives effectively
- Help victimized clients manage anxiety and upsetting feelings that are often triggered during the process of the trauma narrative
- Identify the â€œhot spotâ€ of the traumatic event
- Identify unhelpful cognitions and feelings related to the traumatic event
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 1 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.