Friday, June 28th, 2024 10:00 AM EDT Dr. Terry M. Levy
Secure attachment plays a crucial role in fostering positive psychological and social adjustment throughout the lifespan, impacting both children and adults. Conversely, early developmental trauma, abuse, and neglect contribute to a spectrum of adverse outcomes, including depression, anxiety, shame, destructive behaviors, physical illness, and dysfunctional relationships. Mental health professionals play a pivotal role in addressing these issues, requiring a nuanced understanding of how to assess and treat attachment and trauma-related challenges in adults and couples.
This seminar aims to equip mental health professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to navigate the complexities of attachment and trauma issues. Recognizing that attachment styles established in childhood persist into adulthood, the seminar emphasizes their enduring influence on emotional security, the interpretation of personal experiences, and the ability to cultivate and sustain closeness, trust, and stability in intimate relationships.
The pervasive tendency to replicate neglectful, abusive, or hurtful relationship patterns from childhood underscores the need for effective intervention strategies. Attachment and trauma-informed therapy is presented as a transformative approach capable of altering these ingrained patterns. Despite prior therapeutic endeavors, medications, and personal growth attempts, many adults find themselves unable to effect positive changes in their intimate relationships due to unresolved trauma and attachment wounds.
The seminar delves into practical methodologies for mental health professionals, emphasizing the assessment of attachment patterns and traumatic conditions. Through the use of diverse learning formats such as PowerPoint presentations, video demonstrations of attachment and trauma-informed therapy, and interactive Q&A sessions, participants will gain valuable insights and tools to facilitate positive change in the lives of traumatized individuals and couples.
- Learn to use the Life Script to assess attachment, trauma and early childhood issues, and apply this to adult/couple therapy.
- Learn to use Attachment Communication Training in couples therapy to mitigate destructive ways of relating and foster trust, empathy, and deep emotional connection.
- Observe videos of experiential interventions which help clients work through loss, pain and fear, mitigate negative mindsets and identity, increase positive coping skills, and facilitate mastery over trauma (“victim to overcomer”).
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 6 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.