Add this webinar to your calendar:
Recently the field of neuroscience has enlightened and enhanced the understanding of the biological basis of anxiety. Not only do we have knowledge of what causes anxiety from a brain-based perspective, neuroscience has shown how certain practices can improve anxiety. These new found discoveries present opportunities for improvement in the treatment of anxiety and stress. Join Dr. Heidi Schreiber-Pan in this webinar, and learn her keys for successful anxiety treatment. Dr. Schreiber-Pan integrates brain-based strategies for calming the anxious mind with client communication techniques that motivate change in your clients. Heidi’s approach promotes adherence to treatment and strengthens the therapeutic alliance – which is essential when working with anxious, worried, traumatized, or obsessive clients. Learn how to ascertain the underlying neurological processes that impact anxious symptoms for clients while developing client engagement in treatment using personalized goals and attending to the therapeutic relationship. Dr. Schreiber-Pan will give you tools and techniques to: Identify and treat the roots of anxiety in both the amygdala and the cortex as well as explain “the language of the amygdala” in an accessible, straightforward way. The presentation will help clinicians identify how the cortex contributes to anxiety, and empower clients with strategies to resist anxiety-igniting cognitions.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will be able to identify and treat the roots of anxiety in both the amygdala and the cortex
- Participants will be able to explain “the language of the amygdala” in an accessible, straight forward way
- Participants will be able to identify how the cortex contributes to anxiety.
- Participants will be able to empower clients with strategies to resist anxiety-igniting cognitions
- Participants will be able to describe that the concept of “rewiring the brain” is a potent method for stopping anxiety in its tracks.
- Participants will be able to explain that therapy is about change, and about creating a new self
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 6 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.