Wednesday, April 3rd, 2024 10:00 AM EDT -4:45 PM EDT Rachel Lowinger PhD
As our practices see an influx of patients who suffer from Complex trauma and who present with axis II disorders it is important to be mindful and proficient in guiding patients both in terms of their personal work as well as the relational issues that come up in the therapy room and in their personal lives.
This presentation will explore the complex interaction between internal working models such as processing one’s affect, ego strengthening, revising and reframing internal self schemas, and other internal (intrapsychic) processes of growth and healing, and between their relational difficulties both in the therapy room and outside. Theory from the traditions of AEDP and psychodynamic theory will be weaved with clinical vignettes demonstrating the complex interaction between inter and intra personal processes as they come up in relation to specific personality structures and tendencies.
- Analyze and synthesize the intricate dynamics of the patient-therapist relationship, particularly in the context of transference, drawing from contemporary research and clinical insights.
- Evaluate advanced strategies for facilitating intrapsychic growth and emotional competency in clients with complex trauma and attachment disorders, integrating concepts from AEDP and psychodynamic theories.
- Mindfully reflect on and adjust the focus of the therapy to optimize patient outcome by integrating both pronged of therapy and working with defenses in both domains..
The importance of alliance and a collaborative working framework (20 min) (Aponte, 2022)
Defining transference and the relational nature of psychotherapy (20 min) (Ulberg et Al., 2021)
Defining dimensions of intrapsychic work: (40 min)
Ego strengthening (McNeal 2020)
Affect regulation and affective tolerance (Patel et al., 2019)
Somatic experience of regulation
Establishing safe people and safe space
Defining dimensions of relational and interpersonal work (40 min)
Present the link between interpersonal and interpersonal defenses and obstacles to change. (60 min)
Identify potential links between certain personality traits and tendency to lean into or defend against certain types of interventions.(20 min)
Present three clinical cases of different personality and attachment styles in each patient’s unique way of interacting in the therapeutic relationship as well as their use of intrapsychic work once relational obstacles were addressed and repaired. (About two hours)
guided discussion and questions period (40 min)
Ability to establish a collaborative framework
Receptive capacity to feel supported and felt in therapy by therpaist
Ability to navigate limits of therapeutic relationship along with heightened vulnerability and emotional dependency
Describing the two triangles of experience (Fosha, 2000) the emotional triangle of affect, and defenses against affect as well as the relational triangle of relational
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 6 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an advanced level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.