Add this webinar to your calendar:
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will explain ethical principles of beneficence, non-maleficence, autonomy, and justice.
- Participants will explain how ethical codes call on mental and behavioral health professionals to be active policy advocates at the micro, mezzo and macro levels.
- Participants will identify policy advocacy topics that further a professional or personal interest.
- Participants will demonstrate policy advocacy skills at the micro, mezzo and macro levels
1) Setting the Stage: Mental & Behavioral Health Professionals as Change Agents
a. 20 minutes
b. Discuss areas of policy that are directly, and indirectly, related to practice of
mental health professionals
2) Ethical Context for Mental & Behavioral Health Professionals as Policy Advocates
a. 45 minutes
b. Introduce four basic ethical principles for mental and behavioral health
c. Connect various ethical codes of mental health professions to the obligation to
advocate for policy change
3) Policy Advocacy at the Micro, Mezzo and Macro Levels: Knowledge and Skills
a. 60 minutes
b. Introduce/revisit important knowledge related to policy making
c. Introduce/revisit opportunities for policy advocacy for mental and behavioral
4) Practicing Policy Advocacy at the Micro, Mezzo and Macro Levels
a. 45 minutes
b. Advocate for policy change through various efforts.
5) Conclusions and Questions
a. 10 minutes
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.