Monday July 25th 2022 10:00 AM EST Sherrie L. Ludwick, LCPC, NCC, SEP
Add this webinar to your calendar:
Full Day Webinar
July 25th, 2022
This Full Day Webinar includes a total of 6 CE Credits. The cost of the full day is $99.99.
To register for the FULL DAY Click "BUY IT NOW".
If you have any difficulty registering, please contact us here
Best Approaches in Trauma Treatment
10:00 am - 4:45 pm EST (6 CE Credits)
We all strive to be the best therapist for the people that pay us to assist them. Many trainings profess to have the answer to treating trauma. Therapists begin to wonder if they are using the best approaches.
Part I of this training is an introduction to different techniques used to work with people to heal from trauma situations (single incident or long term). An introduction to Somatic Therapies, Art Therapy, Mindfulness, and Meditation are included. Work from Van der Kolk, Levine, Ogden, and others will be introduced to give an overview of what is currently being promoted as therapies and techniques for trauma in best practice.
Part II of this training will give therapists an opportunity to observe and practice some of these different techniques in order to bring some ideas back that can be integrated into practice. This training will give therapists ideas that they can build upon and ways to identify where they might like to learn more to further their knowledge base.
(Trainer, Sherrie L. Ludwick, LCPC, NCC is a relationship repair specialist, and is trained in Somatic Experiencing & other techniques used to treat trauma. Sherrie is also an AASECT certified Sex Therapist and a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP) certified by the Somatic Experiencing Institute)
This One Day Seminar includes a total of 6 CEs. The cost of the full day is $99.99
10:20 Defining Trauma (Movie, lecture)
Types of Trauma (Powerpoint slides)
Developmental Trauma. “
10:40 Tips for working with Trauma. “
11:00-11:17 Brain Structure. Powerpoint & Discussion
11:20 am Morning Break
11:30 am Nervous System Powerpoint & Lecture
12:00pm Causes of Trauma Video
12:30pm Attachment and Stressors Lecture
12:40pm General overview of Trauma Treatments
1:00 pm Lunch – 45 min
1:45 pm Treatments for Trauma. Video & Powerpoint
2:30pm Strategies for Regulation. Demonstrations
2:45 Working with Children. Videos
3:15 Understanding Emotions
3:30 Practice Techniques. Demonstration/ Guided Meditation/Art
4:00 pm Afternoon Break
4:15 pm Break out groups
4:40 Summing Up and Resources
4:45 pm Conclusion
- Participants will be able to Identify at least three evidence-based practices in trauma treatment.
- Participants will be able to explain the brain and body’s connection in creating trauma responses and healing opportunities
- Participants will be able to summarize specific ways of creating a safe space to facilitate healing
- Participants will list 4 techniques for take home
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 6 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082