Friday, August 4th, 2023 10:00 AM America/New_York Rachel Slochowsky, LMFT CSAT CPTT
Add this webinar to your calendar:
- Define Betrayal Trauma and explain its prevalence
- Supply research based sources around the complexity to this unique trauma
- Allow attendees to understand the shame, pain, and broken trust
- Thoroughly go through steps towards healing( i.e. psycho education around trauma reaction and normalizing the depth of pain, disclosure and how to do it correctly, Impact letter, experiential exercises, mourning the losses, processing the trauma and dealing with triggers, re-discovering the self, learning to reintegrate healthy sexuality)
- practice together some experiential exercises used with clients in this population
- Explore the power of healing and growth through trauma
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
Agenda: Throughout the lecture I would like the audience to gain:
1) An in depth understanding of what betrayal trauma is and why it is unique to other traumas (25 min).
2) Specific Steps taken towards healing (disclosure process,practical tools, as well as experiential exercises)
3) What a client experiences post disclosure and how to give them the tools to process what they have heard (steps 2 & 3 about 45 min)
4) A thorough analysis as well as a practical understanding of the research around betrayal trauma (20 min)
5) How a client can re-discover themselves through this journey (20 min)
6) Leave about 15 min for questions
- Participants will be able to define betrayal trauma and how it presents itself in clients
- Participants will be able to describe the stages of loss and trauma, as well as stages of healing
- Participants will be able to apply practical tools and interventions they can implement with clients healing from betrayal trauma.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.