Add this webinar to your calendar:
- Define Betrayal Trauma and explain its prevalence
- Supply research based sources around the complexity to this unique trauma
- Allow attendees to understand the shame, pain, and broken trust
- Thoroughly go through steps towards healing( i.e. psycho education around trauma reaction and normalizing the depth of pain, disclosure and how to do it correctly, Impact letter, experiential exercises, mourning the losses, processing the trauma and dealing with triggers, re-discovering the self, learning to reintegrate healthy sexuality)
- practice together some experiential exercises used with clients in this population
- Explore the power of healing and growth through trauma
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Define betrayal trauma and identify at least three ways it may present in clients.
- Describe the stages of loss and trauma, as well as the stages of healing.
- Select and implement practical tools and interventions for clients healing from betrayal trauma.
- Analyze and apply relevant research findings on betrayal trauma to therapeutic approaches.
Agenda: Throughout the lecture I would like the audience to gain:
1) An in depth understanding of what betrayal trauma is and why it is unique to other traumas (25 min).
2) Specific Steps taken towards healing (disclosure process,practical tools, as well as experiential exercises)
3) What a client experiences post disclosure and how to give them the tools to process what they have heard (steps 2 & 3 about 45 min)
4) A thorough analysis as well as a practical understanding of the research around betrayal trauma (20 min)
5) How a client can re-discover themselves through this journey (20 min)
6) Leave about 15 min for questions
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.