Tuesday, February 27th, 2024 10:00 AM EST Sherrie L. Ludwick, LCPC, NCC, SEP
The Big Picture: Guiding Clients through Grief and Loss
February 27th, 2024
10:00 AM - 4:45 PM EST
6 CE Credits, $99.99
The Big Picture: Guiding Clients through Grief and Loss
Loss and Grief are a normal part of the human life cycle. But knowing that, doesn’t make it any easier. Even experienced clinicians can feel at a loss when helping clients work through the pain of a loss. This six hour training will look at skills necessary to work with people experiencing grief due to the death of a loved one as well as other losses such as divorce, illness, and even the loneliness and loss experienced by so many during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This training will look at current literature on the topic of grief and loss, including complicated grief. Participants will learn skills and the generally accepted guidelines to work with various populations including adults children and adolescents.
- Participants will be able to identify the differences between grief, mourning, and bereavement.
- Participants will demonstrate knowledge and familiarization of various thoughts, beliefs, and approaches over the last 30-40 years of how people process grief and loss.
- Participants will be able to identify differences in how grief might be experienced by children and adolescents.
- Participants will explain the difference between grief counseling and grief therapy and why understanding these differences are important.
- Participants will summarize the therapist’s role in helping people heal/recover from loss.
- Participants will list 5 different techniques that can be used in grief counseling.
10am – 10:20 Intro and Lecture with Slides – Understanding terminology
10:20 - 10:30 Activity – Personal Loss Assessment
10:30 – 11:00 Videos and Lecture - Different ways grief is understood and discussed
11:00 – 11:20 Lecture & Slides - Myths and Societal Struggles/How grief affects people
11:20 - 11:30 Break
11:30 – 12:05 Lecture & Slides – The Theory Behind Grief Work (Attachment)
12:05 – 12:20 Lecture & Slides – Introducing Grief Counseling
12:20 – 12:55 Lecture, Video – Grief Therapy – Complicated Grief
1pm – 1:45 Lunch
1:45 – 2:00 Lecture & Slides – Special types of Grief
2:00 - 2:30 Video & Lecture - Grief in Children
2:30 – 3:00 Video & Lecture – Grief in Adolescents
3:00 - 3:20 Lecture & Video, Guided Discussion – Grief in the Elderly
3:20 – 3:30 Break
3:30 – 4:00 Guided Discussion, Break out Groups – Covid-19 – Personal Experiences
4:00 – 4:15 Recovering after a break-up
4:15 – 4:30 Video and Concluding statements
4:30 – 4:45 Questions and Answers
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 6 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.