Add this webinar to your calendar:
Subject: The main components of a child forensic interview and understanding the role of a child advocacy center in the conceptualization of a child abuse case.
Executive Director / Forensic interviewer will explain the therapeutic and investigative functions of a child advocacy center as well as the components of the multidisciplinary team investigation. Included will be the detailed description of the different aspects of a typical forensic interview with a child
Tour of Child Advocacy Center with instructor explaining purpose and utilization of each room and discussion of forensic interview. There will also be a Q&A time at the end of the presentation.
Carolyn Hahn has been the Executive Director and the senior child forensic interviewer at The CASIE Center for nearly 20 years. Carolyn received her degree in Elementary Education from Indiana University in Bloomington, IN, and has worked as a teacher prior to her involvement with the CASIE center. She was trained as a child forensic interviewer by some of the leading figures in the field. She later associated with the National Children's Alliance and was instrumental in the formation of the Indiana Chapter of Child Advocacy Centers. She was also involved in the development of the Childfirst Indiana Forensic Interviewing Program, also known as Finding Words. Carolyn has been one of the leading instructors of this model locally and has presented in various institutions of higher learning in child abuse related topics. Although Carolyn has committed significant amount of her time to heightening community awareness of child abuse, she considers the interviewing of nearly 6000 children and the teaching of Forensic Interviewing to hundreds of professionals to be her greatest contribution to the field in which she works. Contact: [email protected]
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Understanding the therapeutic, investigative, community and judicial functions of a child advocacy center
- Understanding the purpose and advantages of a multidisciplinary team investigation
- The necessary components of a forensic child interview and its utilization in mental health and judicial settings.
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 1 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.