Add this webinar to your calendar:
In this seminar we examine shame as a universal vein that runs beneath the surface of human experience. Shame is a pivotal feature of post traumatic stress disorder of abandonment. It is easily triggered, yet its impact on our emotions and behavior can remain subliminal to conscious awareness. Due to its stigmatized nature and its submerged position within the personality, many of our clients lack a language with which to articulate shame and release its impact on their self-esteem and quality of life. This workshop will provide *didactic review the abandonment’s post traumatic responses and the origins of primal shame and fear; *techniques for helping our clients overcome shame’s interference in their relationships and goal achievement; and *opportunity for discussion and processing.
- Participants will be able to describe the way shame develops in childhood.
- Participants will be able to name at least 2 differences between shame and guilt.
- Participants will be able to describe three ways in which shame’s dissociation impacts on people’s behavior patterns.
- Participants will be able to name three shame-related features of post traumatic stress disorder (a form of CPSD)
- Participants will learn how to implement at least 3 shame-reduction techniques within their individual and/or group psychotherapy sessions.
Present didactic material about shame’s relationship to abandonment trauma and methodologies for helping our clients work through their issues of shame, reducing its impact on their behaviors and quality of life.
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 2 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.