Add this webinar to your calendar:
This is a five session webinar series. Workshops will be live on Mondays and Wednesdays from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM EST on the dates listed below. Recordings will be available after the live presentation.
These five sessions will attempt to create an understanding of the importance of extratherapeutic effects of family, school, and community on therapeutic outcomes. it will provide some guidelines on working collaboratively with the significant adults in each child's life.
Patricia C. Dowds, Ph.D. is a Clinical Psychologist and Co-Director of Family Therapy Institute of Suffolk, and the past Executive Director of the Minuchin Center for the Family, N.Y.C. Through these two agencies she has worked on developing programs to keep children out of the court system, and to reduce conflict in divorce. She also is a Consultant to Suffolk County Dept. of Health, visiting faculty at Nassau University Medical Center, and SUNY at Stony Brook where she teaches working therapists, graduate students, medical students, and medical residents on family systems. She co-authored many articles and a chapter on Case Management in Family Therapy Review (Lawrence Erlbaum 2005). She is a national trainer and workshop leader on family therapy and family treatment issues. She has certificates in Substance Abuse Treatment, Family Therapy, Family Therapy Supervision and Divorce Mediation. She has maintained an active clinical practice for over 30 years.
- Participants will be able to explain the importance of identifying all systemic forces around a child.
- Participants will be able to identify these forces.
- Participants will be able to encourage the development of collaborative relationships with these forces.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level Click here to see levels of programing : ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician: Click for Description :
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors. #MHC-0082
NEFESH International SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists #0046
NEFESH International SW CPE is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0048
NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Social Workers (#SW-0048), and by the NYSED’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an Approved Provider of Continuing Education for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (#MFT-0046) and Licensed Mental Health Counselors (#MHC-0082).