Add this webinar to your calendar:
Gain certification in Belief Focused Approach to Psychotherapy (BFAP) with master clinician and EMDR trainer Roy Kiessling!
Getting to the Core:
Treating the Cause, Not the Symptom
A Neurological, Belief Focused Approach to Psychotherapy
20 CEs available upon completion of all 10 sessions.
Regardless of your clinical orientation, recent advances in neuroscience suggest that an basic understanding of the neurological foundations of psychological will be helpful in case conceptualization and treatment. Prior to the 2012, it was thought that once neural networks have been established, little if anything could be done to modify them. Advances in neural plasticity (2012) have shown that the human brain is capable of modifying and up-dating neural networks regardless of the client’s age.
Shapiro’s “Adaptive Information Processing hypothesis (EMDR-1995, 2001, 2017) suggests that the human brain is constantly striving to up-date its learning, consolidating important information from the past with present experiences, while discarding past learning that is no longer adaptive or functional.
Emotional Learning (Ecker/Ticic, 2012) suggests that experiences having a higher emotional encoding are more apt to influence present perceptions, attitudes and behaviors. Psychological treatment is based upon 1) identify both the “no-longer adaptive” negatively charged memories, and the present, adaptive and functional memories; 2) working with the juxtaposition of these two opposing networks in such a way as to achieve memory reconsolidation, and 3) integrating the newly consolidated memory into one’s current behavior.
Psychotherapy from a belief focused perspective combines the understanding of neural plasticity, adaptive information processing and emotional learning in an organized clinical progression, i.e., crisis intervention, case conceptualization, and belief focused treatment interventions for a wide variety of client symptoms.
This 10 week certification course will teach participants, through lecture, video demonstrations and online practice, how to understand their client’s presentation from a belief focused perspective.
The certification course will be presented in three, three week modules, presented the 2 hrs segments. Each on-line segment will include interactive lecture, demonstration videos, and when appropriate, experiential components where participants can practice some of the interventions being taught.
Participants will receive written lecture materials, worksheets, to be used during the on-line sessions and with their clients, and a written test to complete prior to receiving the Certification in Psychotherapy from a Belief Focused Perspective
Dates for live interactive and video on-demand components.
- Course Overview,
- Neurobiology of Memory/Neural Plasticity, Emotional Learning,
- Adaptive Information Processing
- Neural Network Consolidation
- Client Preparation:
- Re-scripting & Rehearsing (Experiential)
- Peaceful Place, Container, Securing a Space
- Neural network Strengthening (Experiential)
- Pre-recorded On demand Q&A
- Identifying Core Beliefs
- Neural Network Mapping — Symptom Focused (experiential)
- Neural Network Mapping (Multiple client presentations)
- Q&A videos response - pre-recorded/ access on Demand
- Neural network Mapping options
- Treatment interventions
- Q& A, Course wrap-up
Webinars included in this package:
Certificates Provider -These webinars offer 20 Continuing Education Credits
All webinars in this series are recorded and will not grant live credits.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.