Add this webinar to your calendar:
Many parents struggle with appropriately motivating, managing, and disciplining their child. The child who behaves irresponsibly at home will likely underachieve and misbehave at school. Dr. Waldman has successfully taught parents behavioral methods of child management, helping parents learn to effectively manage their child’s behavior serves as a major benefit to the family, the child, and the school.
- Participants will be able to list the principles of effective child management
- Participants will be able to describe the philosophy of behavioral psychology and its suitability for parenting. Identify positive and negative parental qualities.
- Participants will be able to differentiate between common parenting styles.
- Participants will be able to explain the negative attention cycles impact on behavior.
- Participants will be able to utilize the concept of baseline measurement to assess and establish a starting point for behavior change interventions.
- Participants will be able to recognize steps to increase positive behavior.
- Participants will be able to implement strategies to reduce negative behavior.
My Story 10 minutes
Principles 10 minutes
Short Course in Behavioral Theory 15 minutes
Parental Qualities 15 minutes
3 Parenting Styles 15 Minutes
Negative Attention Cycle 10 Minutes
Target Behavior & Baseline 10 minites
Increasing Appropriate Behavior 15 minutes
Break 10 minutes
Developing Responsible Behavior 20 minutes
Decreasing Inappropriate Behavior 20 minutes
Parenting Groups 15 minutes
Wrap-Up 15 minutes
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.