Tuesday, April 9th, 2024 10:00 AM EDT Jane K. Tambree´, LCSW-C
Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID), formerly known as Multiple Personality Disorder, sheds light on the mind's remarkable adaptive response to enduring and harrowing childhood traumas. The experience of the mind's fracturing to tolerate horrific and sustained traumatic events, typically in childhood, is an underlying causal factor. Ranging from systems with just two alters to those with an indeterminate number, each alter carries a unique role, memories, physical attributes, skills, needs, and preferences, forming a dynamic landscape of intricacies.
For clinicians interested in working with people having experienced early trauma, it is imperative that one be versed in how to assess for D.I.D, so as not to misdiagnoses and further harm and delay the client's healing. This new training will approach this adaptive use of the mind's fracturing through the lens of an art form, allowing the client to survive then thrive from long standing, severe trauma that was stored away from the conscious mind.
- Becoming familiar with the diagnosis of DID, how it manifests, and the language used to describe it.
- Approaches to assessment to include practitioners use of self.
- Individual interventions used with the permission of the client.
Introductions - 10 minutes
Defining DID - Characteristics and manifestations of DID - 20 minutes
Causal theories - 10 minutes
Terminology - 20 minutes
Assessment - 20 minutes
Use of self as practitioner - 20 minutes
Individual experiences - 15 minutes
Intervention types - 15 minutes
Co-morbility - 15 minutes
Creative approaches of self expression - 20 minutes
Q and A - 15 minutes
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.