Add this webinar to your calendar:
Core Competencies and Implementation of Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
Recorded. Watch at your own Pace
6 CE Credits, $99.99
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is a cognitive-behavioral therapy that has amassed empirical support for a range of psychological problems in clinical and nonclinical populations. This course introduces the origins and theoretical underpinnings of DBT. You will learn about the structure and processes involved in conducting DBT as well as the evidence supporting this approach. You will also learn the strategies DBT facilitators use to engage people, and you will be guided through the key elements of the DBT skill-based treatment modules. This course is designed to help you avoid common pitfalls in dealing with individuals who have difficulties regulating emotions. Using a blend of theory and research-based information with detailed case studies, this course will help you utilize the basic principles and treatment components of DBT. In this course you will learn how to conceptualize cases within a DBT framework, how to optimize treatment through the DBT structure, and how to apply advanced techniques for common challenges. This course assumes the learner has foundational knowledge of DBT theory and concepts, and it presents advanced concepts related to the theory and treatment components of DBT as it is used with specific populations and in various settings.
- Describe Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) best practices in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Identify clients who are appropriate for DBT treatment by directly learning 3 interventions and how to apply them.
- Demonstrate the benefits of applying DBT techniques in therapy with different clinical populations.
- Implement boundaries, validation, and functional change strategies with clients through the use of role play.
- Actionable adjust their clinical vocabulary, tone, and increase empathic response for symptomatic clients.
Section 1: Introduction (30 minutes)
- About this Course
- Learning Objectives
Section 2: Balanced Treatment Strategies (80 minutes)
- A Dialectical Approach
- DBT Assumptions
- DBT Case Conceptualization
- Behavioral Analysis
- Finding Solutions/Solution Analysis
- Building and Reviewing Diary Cards
- Levels of Validation
Section 3: Managing Common Challenges in the Application of DBT (80 minutes)
- Crisis Strategies
- Life-Threatening Behavior Strategies
- Therapy-Interfering Behaviors
- Common Therapy Interfering Behaviors
- Quality-of-Life Interfering Behaviors
- Breaks in Treatment Due to Inpatient Hospitalizations
- Between-Session Phone Consultations
Section 4: Application of DBT to Diverse Clinical Populations (70 minutes)
- DBT for BPD with Comorbid Substance Use Disorder
- Treatment Targets for DBT with Substance Use Disorder
- DBT for Eating Disorders
- Special Modifications of DBT for Eating Disorders
- Adaptation of DBT Treatment Targets for Eating Disorders
- Let’s Review
- DBT for Families
- Issues to Consider with Family DBT
- DBT for Adolescents
- Modifications for DBT with Adolescents
Section 6: Putting Your DBT Knowledge into Practice (70 minutes)
- Creating Effective DBT Programs
- Things to Consider
- Evaluating Your DBT Program
- Principles for Data Collection
Section 7: Conclusion (30 minutes)
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 6 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.