Sunday, January 21st, 2024 2:00 PM EDT -5:00 PM EDT Alesha Perkins, LCSW
Add this webinar to your calendar:
January 21st, 2024
1:00pm - 4:00pm EST
Let’s face it, ethical dilemmas can sometimes leave you at a crossroads!
This interactive course will provide education on ethics with use of the Code of Ethics as an ethical guideline. It will allow participants to take a step back and identify their driving force for making decisions. During this class we will define what ethics are and understand telehealth standards of practice and in-person settings. We will explore best practices for ethical decision-making, identify ethical dilemmas and develop professional boundaries to help prevent ethical violations. Clinicians will participate in group discussions on the use of ethical decision making models to help participants “Do the right thing!”
- Participants will define ethics and identify their driving force for making decisions.
- Participants will acknowledge and use the Code of Ethics as an ethical guideline.
- Participants will identify ethical dilemmas.
- Participants will utilize decision making models, tools/resources as best practices.
- Participants will explain the current standards of practice for telehealth.
- Participants will be able to identify what constitutes an ethical violation.
- Participants will engage in group exercises/discussions to determine best practices for handling ethical dilemmas.
a. Remember Your Why
b. Explore Best Practices for Ethical Decision-Making
c. Understand Telehealth Standards of Practice
d. Prevention of Ethical Violations
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapist Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.