Sunday, April 21st, 2024 1:00 PM EDT -4:00 PM EDT Alesha Perkins, LCSW
April 21st, 2024
1:00pm - 4:00pm EST
Ethical challenges in therapy are multifaceted, often presenting complex crossroads. This interactive course, aimed at enhancing ethical competencies in therapeutic settings, utilizes the Code of Ethics as a foundational guide. Participants will engage in a deep dive into ethical principles, focusing on their application in both telehealth and face-to-face scenarios. The course emphasizes the development of a robust ethical framework, enabling practitioners to critically analyze and navigate ethical dilemmas. Through a blend of theory and practice, including group discussions and case studies, clinicians will refine their decision-making skills, establish firm professional boundaries, and learn to apply ethical decision-making models effectively in their practice.
- Define ethics and identify their driving force for making decisions.
- Acknowledge and use the Code of Ethics as an ethical guideline.
- Identify ethical dilemmas.
- Utilize decision-making models, tools, and resources as best practices.
- Explain the current standards of practice for telehealth.
- Able to identify what constitutes an ethical violation.
- Engage in group exercises/discussions to determine best practices for handling ethical dilemmas.
Self-evaluation to identify your driving force for making decisions
Define what ethics are
Identifying and Addressing Ethical Dilemmas (30 minutes)
How to identify ethical dilemmas
Explore Best Practices for Ethical Decision-Making
Apply ethical principles as the foundation to making decisions
Ethical Guidelines and Decision-Making Models (30 minutes)
Utilize the Code of Ethics (NASW or ACA) as an ethical guideline
Examine different ethical decision-making models
Telehealth Standards of Practice (30 minutes)
Maintain informed consents and confidentiality virtually
Regulatory provisions for telehealth
Determine appropriate virtual platforms to use
Best practices and ethical use of technology
Identify ways to best represent yourself online/social media
Case Scenarios and Practical Applications (30 minutes)
Case Scenarios (determine ethical dilemma and utilize code of ethics or decision-making model)
Prevention of Ethical Violations (20 minutes)
Red flags that compromise professional boundaries
Examine common boundary violations
Develop professional boundaries
Review legal ramifications of ethical violations
Concluding Remarks and Helpful Tips (20 minutes)
Helpful tips to prevent ethical violations
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapist Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.