Sunday July 31st 2022 1:00 PM EST Alesha Perkins, LCSW
Add this webinar to your calendar:
July 31, 2022
Let’s face it, ethical dilemmas can sometimes leave you at a crossroads!
This interactive course will provide education on ethics with use of the Code of Ethics as an ethical guideline. It will allow participants to take a step back and identify their driving force for making decisions. During this class we will define what ethics are and understand telehealth standards of practice and in-person settings. We will explore best practices for ethical decision-making, identify ethical dilemmas and develop professional boundaries to help prevent ethical violations. Clinicians will participate in group discussions on the use of ethical decision making models to help participants “Do the right thing!”
a. Remember Your Why
b. Explore Best Practices for Ethical Decision-Making
c. Understand Telehealth Standards of Practice
d. Prevention of Ethical Violations
- Participants will define ethics and identify their driving force for making decisions.
- Participants will acknowledge and use the Code of Ethics as an ethical guideline.
- Participants will identify ethical dilemmas.
- Participants will utilize decision making models, tools/resources as best practices.
- Participants will explain the current standards of practice for telehealth.
- Participants will be able to identify what constitutes an ethical violation.
- Participants will engage in group exercises/discussions to determine best practices for handling ethical dilemmas.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.