Thursday, October 12th, 2023 1:45 PM EDT -4:45 PM EDT Rebecca Ashery PhD, LCSW-C, Leader-Manager Coach
Add this webinar to your calendar:
This is an extension of the Basic Supervision section on Difficult Conversations from 1-1/2 hours to 3 hours
"Effective Communication Strategies for Difficult Conversations" is designed to equip supervisors with the necessary skills and techniques to handle challenging and sensitive conversations with confidence and professionalism. The course will provide practical guidance on preparing for, initiating, and navigating through difficult conversations to achieve positive outcomes. The class will use group discussion, case studies, and videos.
- Participants will be able to make clear requests to supervisees
- Participants will be able to have difficult conversations with supervisees
- Participants will be able to address negative reactions that supervisees may have to difficult conversations
Making appropriate Requests - 7 minutes
Giving positive feedback - 5 minutes
Types of difficult conversations: behavior; lack of knowledge/skills; performance review; assignment performed incorrectly, delivering unpopular decisions to individuals and teams (ie. changes in policies/procedures) general overview
Giving Feedback (110 minutes)
Shari Harley Model
Video examples - Mel Robbins; HR360;
video feedback examples
addressing personal issues
addressing changes in policies/procedures
- Break - 10 minutes
Feedback Reactions 45 minutes (using videos, group discussion with case studies)
- SARA Model --Feedback Reactions -
- CBT and receiving negative feedback
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.