Thursday October 21st 2021 1:45 PM EST Lissa Ramsepaul, LICSW, LCSW-C
Add this webinar to your calendar:
When clients are not interested in working with a mental health professional, it can be hard to create a therapeutic relationship with them. This training is designed to help experienced practitioners build on their current approach to working with clients who are difficult to engage. Attendees will learn new ways of applying supportive techniques to improve outcomes with this population.
During this class, the definition and basic principles of Motivational Interviewing will be reviewed. Strengths Based Theory will be applied to creating a therapeutic alliance with mandated or ambivalent clients. Motivational challenges on the individual and systemic levels will be identified and explored for how they impact treatment. The training will incorporate group practice exercises to allow participants to combine their new knowledge with what they already practice. A segment on coaching supervisees and non-clinical staff will be included.
(Trainer: Lissa Ramsepaul, LICSW, LCSW-C, is a licensed clinical social worker in MD and DC. She currently works as a nonprofit management consultant after years of working in the homeless services and mental health sectors in DC. She has a passion for working with clients that are mandated, ambivalent about services, and report a history of bad experiences with mental health services in the past.)
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will identify challenges faced by marginalized and mandated client populations
- Participants will develop a skilled approach to applying Strengths Based Theory and Motivational Interviewing to mandated and reluctant clients
- Participants will practice new knowledge to develop comfort level with new techniques
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
*exclusions apply for reasonable need and cause.