Wednesday February 16th 2022 10:00 AM EST Kim Cook, LCSW
Add this webinar to your calendar:
This workshop will offer participants an opportunity to learn about Telehealth Counseling as a treatment modality. In light of the fact that this mode of healthcare delivery is being adapted as a standard platform for care, it is important for clinicians to understand the basics and be prepared to go beyond that into excellence in service delivery to our clients.
This workshop will also review the relevant ethical principles and how they apply to the provision of services in this modality, while keeping clinicians updated on legislative changes that impact this field of practice.
(Trainer: Kim Cook, LCSW, has clinical and administrative background in outpatient mental health. She is the Director of Elu: Counseling, Consulting, and Coaching with offices in Tennessee and North Carolina and virtually serves others through telehealth. She does consulting work with non-profits and has a certificate in Non-Profit Leadership. Kim maintains her LCSW licensure in Maryland, Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia, and North Carolina.)
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
1pm-1:20pm- intro, objectives, and what constitutes telehealth
1:20-1:40pm the administrative requirements to get started in telehealth counseling services including licensure, technology, billing, HIPAA and HiTech regulations, and clinical documentation
2:00-2:20pm- ethical issues related to telehealth, Code of Ethics ACA & NASW & APA
2:20-2:40pm- independent work/ quiz/ break
2:40-3:00 telehealth modality indicators to determine whether a client is a good fit and types of modalities that can be adapted to the telehealth approach
3:00-3:20pm methods of engagement with clients during clinical work to assess, treat, and empower clients using telehealth
3:20pm-3:40pm apply principles to a case study related to telehealth treatment,
- Participants will express an understanding of the administrative requirements to get started in telehealth counseling services including licensure, technology, billing, HIPAA and HiTech regulations, and clinical documentation.
- Participants will be able to identify telehealth modality indicators to determine whether a client is a good fit and types of modalities that can be adapted to the telehealth approach.
- Participants will discuss several methods of engagement with clients during clinical work to assess, treat, and empower clients using telehealth.
- Participants will identify ethical issues related to telehealth and apply these principles to case studies related to telehealth treatment.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives