Thursday, January 4th, 2024
Class 1: 11:00 AM EDT
Class 2: 2:45 PM EDT
Amar Ghelani MSW RSW PhD Candidate
Add this webinar to your calendar:
Cultural Competence, Storytelling, Faith and Intimate Partner Abuse
January 4, 2024
10:00AM - 4:45PM EST
This One Day Seminar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 category I CEs when participating live. The cost for the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99.
To register for the FULL DAY Click "BUY IT NOW". To register for just one class, click on the Class/link below.
Class 1 - 10:00am-1:00pm EST (3 CE Credits)
Faith or religious beliefs can present a barrier to safety for individuals experiencing Intimate Partner Violence (IPV). Likewise, many people outline their faith and beliefs as justifications for abusive behaviors. This workshop will provide a foundational understanding of the intersection of faith and IPV. Participants will gain strategies to support survivors as they navigate safety, their identified obligations to their religious beliefs, and their associated emotions.
(Chandra Dawson, LISW, LCSW is a social worker with over 20 years of social work practice serving various marginalized populations primarily comprised of communities of color. She has years of organizational experience including crisis intervention, supervision, training, project management and senior leadership within organizations serving domestic violence and sexual assault survivors as well as numerous marginalized populations. She too is the founder/consultant of The MACRO Project where she supports organizations in meeting the trauma-informed intersectional needs of individuals and communities.)
Class 2- 1:45pm - 4:45pm (3 CE Credits)
This presentation will help participants understand how cannabis affects mental health and why people with mental health difficulties use this drug. We will explore options for supporting cannabis users in social service settings. Cannabis is more available across North America than ever before and there are many misconceptions about the effects of this drug on mental health. Participants will receive an overview of the research examining the relation between cannabis and stress, trauma, common health difficulties, and a variety of mental health concerns.
This overview will lead into material on clinical assessment, education, treatment, and harm reduction strategies with cannabis consumers. Material will cover topics including the effects of cannabis use on stress, anxiety, depression, sleep disturbance, pain, anger, psychosis, and more. There will be implications for engagement, education, applying evidence-informed therapies for cannabis use disorder, and relapse prevention.
(Amar Ghelani is a registered social worker, PhD Candidate, and instructor with the Wilfrid Laurier Faculty of Social Work in Toronto, Ontario. He has over 15 years of social work practice experience in addiction rehabilitation, shelters, prisons, schools, outpatient mental health, and healthcare settings. His research focuses on the relation between cannabis, psychosis, and social relationships.)
Webinars included in this package:
Certificates Provider -These webinars offer 6 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapist Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.