Add this webinar to your calendar:
In this webinar, participants will gain a basic understanding of the connection between nutrition and lifestyle with mood, cognition, mental health, and overall wellness. Science has conflicting opinions about what nutrition, supplements, and medications are best for us. Considering that each person is a bio-psycho-social-spiritual individual, it makes no sense to broad-stroke everyone’s needs into one model. In this workshop, we will discuss various phenotypes and possible nutritional needs for their overall well-being. By discussing the beneficial and adverse effects different foods, substances, and behaviors have on our well-being, we will arrive at a fundamental paradigm for wellness. Then we will survey various mental health conditions and mood disorders and share recommended beneficial foods, drinks, supplements, and lifestyle interventions for these situations. Simple modifications of nutrition, chrono-nutrition (the timing of eating), supplementation, avoidance of toxic chemicals and additives in food and the atmosphere, sleep (circadian rhythm disruption), and more can be hacked for attaining wellness on all levels - mental, physical, and spiritual.
We will discuss the importance of collaborating with our clients’ healthcare professionals, especially if we are not certified or licensed to practice dietary prescriptions in our local jurisdiction. We will touch briefly on the legal and ethical issues regarding guiding our clients in this field. Since this workshop is brief, we will give a general overview of the topics and provide resources for further inquiry.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Demonstrate Understanding of the relationship between nutrition and mood, including how dietary choices and lifestyle can impact mental health.
- Apply evidence-based interventions to improve clients mood, sleep quality, and cognitive function, utilizing nutritional and lifestyle approaches.
- Develop the ability to evaluate clients nutritional and lifestyle habits, identifying potential factors that may positively or negatively affect their mental health.
- Participants will assist clients in making informed choices related to nutrition and lifestyle, effectively communicating the potential impact on mental well-being.
- Acquire the knowledge to facilitate collaborative care with healthcare professionals, when necessary, to ensure the holistic well-being of clients, recognizing the boundaries of their practice.
The Food-Mood Connection:
Nutritional and Lifestyle Hacks for Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Impact of nutrition, supplementation, and lifestyle behaviors on our well-being.
- Why the food and mood connection?
- Why me regarding integrative nutrition? 10 minutes
- Basic nutrition and lifestyle principles:
- Ancestral nutrition and bio-individuality
- Basics of epigenetics and how conditions that previously may have activated or caused gene expression, can now be turned off or on.
- Previous misunderstandings and distorted concepts, treatments, foods, and environmental toxins as well as prescription medications.
- Various mental health conditions, diagnoses, and recommendations from the research.
- Clinically and empirically tested protocols that do not use or require psychopharmaceuticals. 30 Minutes
PRACTICAL • PRACTICE
- Issues from practice and improvements
- Case examples
- Q & A 20 Minutes
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.