Tuesday, November 7th, 2023 11:00 AM EDT -2:00 PM EDT Jane Tambree' LCSW-C
Add this webinar to your calendar:
Join us for a compelling webinar that delves into the journey of an individual from the point of arrest to their eventual release, shedding light on the complex processes involved in the penal and court systems. Throughout this trajectory, various opportunities arise for clinicians to provide vital services to the detained person, influenced by the biases inherent in the agencies they serve.
Throughout the session, we will explore essential legal terms and concepts relevant to the criminal justice context, as well as the critical roles of assessments, testimony, and treatment planning in this unique setting. Jane Tambree’, LCSW-C, will guide participants through these topics, offering valuable insights drawn from her work with marginalized and underserved populations, many of whom have experienced early trauma. This training will look at the utilization of self in the interview process, recognizing the importance of identifying and managing transference and countertransference dynamics. Jane will share an insightful essay that underscores the significance of these aspects in working with detainees, inmates, and clients in jails, prisons, maximum security forensic hospitals, and non-profit agencies.
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.