Add this webinar to your calendar:
A psychodynamic approach to treatment has fallen out of favor with much of the field as ‘evidence based practices’ are touted as more effective, and quicker, and are pushed by insurance companies. But many clients do not seem to be helped by CBT and other such practices alone. An understanding of how modern psychodynamic therapy works will expand treatment options, dispel misconceptions, and increase our ability to help a wider spectrum of people.
This interactive training will help participants understand the evidence behind the effectiveness of psychodynamic treatment. Mental health professions will learn how psychodynamic theory has changed in recent years. Participants will examine some of the common current treatment strategies and will learn the benefits of a time-limited dynamic treatment approach. (Trainer, Erik Hadden, MA, LCPC, Vital Sources Psychological Services)
- Participants will be able to demonstrate comprehension of the core principles that underpin modern psychodynamic psychotherapy, encompassing theory, practice, and distinct characteristics.
- Participants will be able to engage in interactive discussions to identify and discuss key attributes characterizing the contemporary psychodynamic approach to treatment.
- Participants will be able to draw contrasts between Sigmund Freuds original theories and current psychodynamic approaches, articulating notable differentiating factors.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate the ability to recognize and categorize defense mechanisms within the framework of psychodynamic theory and application.
- Participants will be able to analyze and differentiate various character organizations within psychodynamic theory, illustrating how they manifest in real-world therapeutic contexts.
- Participants will be able to explore and explain the practical applications of countertransference and immediacy within psychodynamic treatment scenarios.
- Introduction and Overview (10 minutes)
- 7 myths about psychodynamic theory and practice. And why they are myths (50 minutes)
- Looking at the evidence for the efficacy of psychodynamic practice
- Tracing the evolution from Freud to current day psychodynamic theories and practices
- Overview of the role of defenses in psychodynamic theory and practice (40 minutes)
Break 10-15 mins
- Review of Diagnosis in psychodynamic theory and practice
- The 3 developmental levels of diagnosis
- Different personality structures or character organizations and what they may look like in the room
- How diagnosis is done in psychodynamic practice
- The differences between a CBT clinical approach and a psychodynamic clinical approach, including case examples
- Review of psychodynamic treatment including case examples
- For Neuotic level
- For Borderline level
- For Psychotic level (30 minutes)
- Review and Summarize/Q&A (10 minutes)
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.