Friday, December 8th, 2023 11:00 AM EDT -2:00 PM EDT Carrie Boone, MSW, LCSW-C, CGP
Add this webinar to your calendar:
Many times our clients come to us for help in the most desperate of situations. Sometimes we as clinicians have a desire to fix the client's situation. Ultimately when it comes to the grief experience, the goal is not to fix the client, but to be present with them. Grief is a very difficult experience that is universal to us all. It does not discriminate or go by a predetermined schedule or itinerary. Important to be aware of are the cultural, neurobiological and theoretical frameworks that can inform how we guide clients through their grief work.
Grief is different for us all. When facilitating or helping others through grief we must do a self check. If our personal grief journey isn't explored then how will we properly help our clients. There are many elements that should be considered when we charter the road to helping others. Helping to facilitate growth in grief is not a way to finalize this process, but a way to guide and lead our clients toward healing.
- Participants will be able to explain grief theory and the contributions of Dr. Bowlby, Dr. Parkes and Dr. Kubler Ross
- Participants will be able to name atleast 2-3 elements required in order to provide a non-judgmental space for clients and not rushing the grief process
- Participants will be able to explain the impacts that neurobiology has on our clients and their grief response
Greetings/Introduction, Why the facilitation of growth in grief in the adult population is important? 15 minutes
Grief defined: types and theories explored 30 minutes
Interaction and guided discussion 15 minutes
Prolonged Grief nuances and helping to facilitate growth with clients
- 10 minutes
Exploring cultural, racial and gender elements of grief 15 minutes
Examining the contributions of the Neurobiology of grief 30 minutes
Continuation of Neurobiology of grief 5 minutes
Grief and the Holidays 20 minutes
Grief Tools/Case Studies/Closing 30 minutes
- 10 minutes
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.