Add this webinar to your calendar:
This new 1-day course in the study of grief and loss will focus on grief counseling theory and bereavement counseling tools and techniques. Furthermore, the course aims to raise awareness regarding the array of needs of grieving people coping with death, illness, dying, impairment, separation, workplace change and other significant life loss events. This course will aid clinicians in gaining professional competence in bereavement counseling and the nuances of the human grief response.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will be able to describe death, dying and the consequent grieving process
- Participants will be able to identify and explain the basic concepts of Attachment Theory (Bowlby)
- Participants will be able to identify and explain Human Grief Response including complicated grief
- Participants will be able to identify and explain the Five Stages of Loss (Kuebler-Ross)
- Participants will be able to identify and explain the Four Tasks of Mourning (Worden)
- Participants will increase awareness of diversity issues as they pertain to loss and grief
- Participants will be able to discuss the general guidelines for counseling grieving people
- Participants will create skills in counseling special populations, particularly children and adolescents
10 am to 11 am 7 principles of the Human Grief Response
11 am to 12 pm Attachment Theory and Grief
12 pm to 1 pm Four Tasks of Mourning (Worden)
45 min Lunch
1:45 pm to 2:30 pm Loss History & Severe and Persistent Grief
2:30 pm – 3:30 pm The Road to Healing: Tools and Techniques
3:30 pm - 03:30pm Counseling Children and Adolescents
3:30 pm Summary and Review
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 6 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.