Tuesday, March 5th, 2024 10:00 AM EST -4:45 PM EST Sherrie L. Ludwick, LCPC, NCC
THIS WEBINAR WILL NOT BE RECORDED
March 5th, 2024
10:00 AM - 4:45 PM EST
The world of therapy often directs clinicians, to focus on a person’s problems: What’s the diagnosis? What is the presenting problem? How do we work on “fixing” the problem using a treatment plan? What if instead of focusing on the problem, we focus on the solution? This workshop takes solution-focused counseling to another level.
In this interactive 6 hour workshop you will learn easy tools to help your clients: identify and state life dreams (long term life goals), discover hidden strengths, and identify the key supports that are needed to successfully achieve the identified dream. When a client can meet his/her life dream or even can see a clear road to attaining that dream, many problems often fall by the wayside.
Participants will examine real case scenarios and gain skills that will be useful to all areas of clinical practice. This training is highly interactive. Participants will work in groups or pairs during this training which involves some self-reflection. Zoom breakout rooms will be utilized during this highly acclaimed training.
(Trainer, Sherrie L. Ludwick, LCPC, NCC is a relationship repair specialist, and is trained in Somatic Experiencing & other techniques used to treat trauma. Sherrie is also an AASECT certified Sex Therapist and a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP) certified by the Somatic Experiencing Institute)
Sherrie L. Ludwick, LCPC, NCC is a trauma specialist, trained in Somatic Experiencing (SE), Transforming the Experience-Based Brain (TEB) and Internal Family Systems (IFS), along with other techniques used to treat trauma. Sherrie is also an AASECT certified Sex Therapist and a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP) certified by the Somatic Experiencing Institute. She has spent years studying and teaching HIPAA requirements around the use of technology for individual and group practices, which includes keeping up with the legal and ethical practices of telehealth.
- 1. Construct a comprehensive Treatment Plan utilizing the concepts and techniques covered in the workshop.
- 2. Assess and illustrate the advantages of incorporating Solution-Focused, Person-Centered Counseling, and Positive Psychology in enhancing the therapeutic alliance and formulating effective treatment plans.
- 3. Apply a minimum of three distinct techniques demonstrated in the workshop to gather relevant information about clients’ priorities.
- 4. Outline at least three strategies for utilizing these techniques to foster deeper connections within therapeutic relationships.
Introduction to workshop-style/prep (15 minutes)
Counseling Techniques – 1st partner work (45 minutes)
Introduction to partner work in the workshop.
What techniques do we use to get to know people?
Solution-Focused Techniques-2nd partner work(30 minutes)
What is Solution-Focused Therapy?
How do we use the Miracle Questions?
Video of techniques
What are the benefits of using the Miracle Question?
Break out rooms to practice
Rogerian Therapy Techniques (30 minutes)
What are Rogerian Techniques
Video of Carl Rogers
Good Day /Bad Day Exercise- individual then partner work (1 hour)
How do we find out what’s important to clients?
Use Bad Day to assess; use Good Day to solidify.
How do we read between the lines?
Break out rooms to practice
Ritual Techniques (45 Minutes)
Individual Morning Ritual
Positive Therapy/Strength-Based Counseling (45 minutes)
What is it? Techniques?
Strengths Exercise Partner work
Video of Martin Seligman
Obtaining Balance is Important To/For (30 minutes)
Michael as an example.
What supports do we need?
Supports Exercise. - Partners
Goals – Partners (20 minutes)
What are my goals
Do my supports fit
Anything else I need
Treatment Plans (15 minutes)
Person-Centered vs. Agency Required
Stories of Person-Centered success as Review
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 6 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.