Kim Cook, LCSW
Add this webinar to your calendar:
Full Day Webinar
Previously recorded. Watch at your own pace.
This Full Day Webinar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CE Credits. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99. This webinar is live and interactive (Category 1)
To register for the FULL DAY Click "BUY IT NOW". To register for just one class, click on the Class/link below.
If you have any difficulty registering, please contact us here.
9:30 AM - 12:30 PM EST
Many people are raised to believe that expressing painful emotion is a sign of weakness or that being emotionally vulnerable is far too unsafe. Emotional survival often came by creating a defensive strategy - that of a perfect-looking life. In this groundbreaking presentation, Dr. Margaret Robinson Rutherford, author of Perfectly Hidden Depression; How to Break Free From the Perfectionism that Masks Your Depression (New Harbinger Publications, 2019) will discussed the symptoms of this overlooked “silent” depression.
Dr. Rutherford, will discuss early research on perfectionism that noted its connection with depression, as well as the difference between constructive and destructive perfectionism. Suicide trends will be discussed as well as their correlation with destructive perfectionism. Dr. Rutherford will also present more recent studies revealing three types of perfectionism that have been discovered by research and their unique potential for lethality. Dr. Rutherford will present her work on the ten core traits of Perfectly Hidden Depression and will discuss the treatment model she's defined, using mindfulness, cognitive/behavioral, family systems approaches and more, guiding the patient toward greater vulnerability, and thus relief from the burden they've been carrying.
(Trainer: Dr. Margaret Rutherford, a clinical psychologist from Fayetteville, Arkansas, hosts a highly popular podcast, The SelfWork Podcast, consistently ranked in the top 50 of US mental health podcasts. Her column in Psychology Today and her book, Perfectly Hidden Depression; How to Break Free From the Perfectionism that Masks Your Depression (New Harbinger Publications, 2019), focuses a much-needed light on the dangerous link between destructive perfectionism and depression).
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST
This workshop will offer participants an opportunity to learn about Telehealth Counseling as a treatment modality. In light of the fact that this mode of healthcare delivery is being adapted as a standard platform for care, it is important for clinicians to understand the basics and be prepared to go beyond that into excellence in service delivery to our clients.
This workshop will also review the relevant ethical principles and how they apply to the provision of services in this modality, while keeping clinicians updated on legislative changes that impact this field of practice.
(Trainer: Kim Cook, LCSW, has clinical and administrative background in outpatient mental health. She is the Director of Elu: Counseling, Consulting, and Coaching with offices in Tennessee and North Carolina and virtually serves others through telehealth. She does consulting work with non-profits and has a certificate in Non-Profit Leadership. Kim maintains her LCSW licensure in Maryland, Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia, and North Carolina.)
This One Day Seminar includes two excellent classes, a total of 6 CEs. The cost of the full day is $99.99. You may attend an individual class for $59.99.
Webinars included in this package:
Certificates Provider -These webinars offer 6 Continuing Education Credits
All webinars in this series are recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.