Add this webinar to your calendar:
THIS WEBINAR WILL NOT BE RECORDED
The world's largest minority group is people with disabilities, and this populations experiences crime, including human trafficking, at far higher rates than their counterparts without disabilities. Yet people with disabilities are often left out of programming, education, and services.
Many service professionals also report not feeling comfortable or equipped to work with people with disabilities, despite the reality that they will likely interact with people with disabilities regularly. This presentation provides an overview of disabilities , an introduction to human trafficking, and guidance on how to interact and service human trafficking victims who have disabilities.
This class meets the DC Key Public Health Priorities criteria for DC licensees.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
Human Trafficking of People with Disabilities
Intro to Disabilities (30 mins)
Definition and Types of Disabilities
Communicating with People with Disabilities
Intro to Human Trafficking ( 45 min)
Human Trafficking legal definitions
Types of trafficking
Industries where trafficking can occur
Vulnerabilities of people with disabilities (45 min)
Impact of COVID-19
Co-occurrence with other crimes
Responding to HT victims with disabilities (45 min)
Indicators of HT
Building Rapport with victims
- Participants will be able to clearly define what constitutes human trafficking.
- Participants will be able to identify key indicators of victims of human trafficking who have disabilities.
- Participants will be able to effectively engage and respond to victims of human trafficking who have disabilities.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.