Add this webinar to your calendar:
The world's largest minority group is people with disabilities, and this populations experiences crime, including human trafficking, at far higher rates than their counterparts without disabilities. Yet people with disabilities are often left out of programming, education, and services. Many service professionals also report not feeling comfortable or equipped to work with people with disabilities, despite the reality that they will likely interact with people with disabilities regularly. This presentation provides an overview of disabilities , an introduction to human trafficking, and guidance on how to interact and service human trafficking victims who have disabilities.
This class meets the DC Key Public Health Priorities criteria for DC licensees.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Participants will be able to clearly define what constitutes human trafficking.
- Participants will be able to identify key indicators of victims of human trafficking who have disabilities.
- Participants will be able to effectively engage and respond to victims of human trafficking who have disabilities.
Human Trafficking of People with Disabilities
Intro to Disabilities (30 mins)
Definition and Types of Disabilities
Communicating with People with Disabilities
Intro to Human Trafficking ( 45 min)
Human Trafficking legal definitions
Types of trafficking
Industries where trafficking can occur
Vulnerabilities of people with disabilities (45 min)
Impact of COVID-19
Co-occurrence with other crimes
Responding to HT victims with disabilities (45 min)
Indicators of HT
Building Rapport with victims
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.