Add this webinar to your calendar:
This presentation will NOT be recorded for playback review.
Implicit bias , by definition, is not something that is explicitly acknowledged. However, it affects judgment and health care on an unconscious level. This new class will identify social and systemic ramifications of implicit bias , including clinical and ethical implications and its impact on healthcare, the workplace, school settings and related systems. This workshop focuses on implicit biases and how bias can contribute to unconscious attitudes and stereotypes. The goal of the class is to have dialogue about where implicit bias comes from, how it can affect clinical treatment and how can learn to correct for its effects.
Presenter Shane King, LCSW, will define implicit bias, and discuss the roots of implicit bias in our everyday life. We will examine the Continuum of Cultural Competency and the importance of cultural sensitivity. Mr. King is a believer that all growth starts at the end of your comfort zone. This training will present tools and strategies to bring implicit biases into conscious awareness so that participants can learn to change habits and practices that are affected by implicit bias.
- Participants will be able to explain Implicit Bias
- Participants will be able to explain where Implicit Bias comes from
- Participants will be able to identify and increase awareness about how it can affect treatment
2. Community invitation to gain a commitment from the audience to join in the conversation (4
3. Objective will focus on talking points (4 minutes)
4. Facilitator will define what is Implicit Bias (3 minutes)
5. We discuss how the brain stores information (3 minutes)
6. Group will watch Monkey Business Illusion Video (1:41)
7. Group will watch Clark Doll Experiment (1:09)
8. Group will discuss Christian Cooper Story in Central Park (2 minutes)
9. Break Out Rooms to discuss the video (6 minutes)
10. Discuss Examples of Implicit Bias (10 minutes)
11. Discuss the causes Implicit Bias in our everyday life (5 minutes)
12. Treatment becomes harmful instead of helpful (4 minutes)
13. Implicit Bias Video (4:45)
14. Examples of Social Location will be given (4 minutes)
15. Instructions on group exercise (3 minutes)
16. Break Out Room Social Location Exercise (9 minutes)
17. Community we discuss the importance Cultural sensitivity (8 minutes)
18. Group will discuss equal vs. equality (5 minutes)
19. Continuum of Cultural Competency where do want to strive to be at (4 minutes)
20. Discuss agency culture (4 minutes)
21. Implicit Bias manifestation in agencies (4 minutes)
22. Agencies shifted their attention in 2020 (2020 Turning Point) (5 minutes)
23. Agencies handling change (10 minutes)
24. Group will discuss way strategizing pass our own bias (6 minutes)
25. All Growth Start at the end of your comfort zone (4 minutes)
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 2 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapist Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco LLC and CE You! Amedco LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team. Successful completion of this program qualifies for up to 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Amedco LLC certifies that the attendee named above has participated in the live activity titled Implicit Bias: Clinical and Ethical Considerations, online, between September 10, 2021 and September 10, 2024 and is awarded the number of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM listed above. National JA Provider # 4008163.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.