Add this webinar to your calendar:
This new training will review the research and current models of the evolution of sexual trauma. We will explore the differences between men and women in their response to childhood trauma and the evolutionary psychological foundations for these differences. Importantly, this training will introduce some specific interventions for practitioners to help people afflicted with the adult manifestations of childhood trauma. Many of these will be based on recently published research by Dr. Mike Abrams.
During this class we will look at the use of objective measures in assessing sexual problems. Clinicians will receive assistance in determining the point at which a sexual style becomes a dysfunction. Case studies will be presented to clarify some of the techniques that are discussed in this training.
- Participants will be able to express and understanding of the role of heritability and evolutionary psychology in psychological dissorders
- Participants will be able to understand the role of childhood abuse in disparate manifestations of trauma in adults
- Participants will be able to apply new clinical interventions to help adults with sexual trauma
1. Overview of the modern evolution of sexual psychology 15 minutes
2. Back to Nature vs. Nurture - Heritable and biological factors in trauma - 10 minutes
3. Presentation of first case video - 10 minutes
4. Explanation of the trauma in that case and the challenge to the clinician - 10 minutes
5. The differential role of childhood abuse in men's and women's sexual response 12-15 minutes
6. Informed cognitive psychotherapy - teaching the clinician to enlighten the client about their unique response to trauma. 20 Minutes
7. Three annotated clinical vignettes with detailed explanations of interventions and the underlying logic. 30 minutes
7a.Participants will take 5 minutes after each vignette to formulate the basis of the client's problem and suggested treatment. 20 minutes
7b. An additional 10-15 minutes discussing the competing perspectives in light of the current research.
8. Conclusion and Summary with all concepts brought to an applied conclusion - 20 mintues
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.