Wednesday February 1st 2023 1:45 PM EST Elan Javanfard, MA, LMFT
Add this webinar to your calendar:
Contemporary culture in the United States is marked by extraordinary advances in science and technology, yet coupled with these advances is an increasing sense of pressure, complexity and information overload. Individuals across the lifespan are feeling tremendous stress, which is contributing to a variety of mental and physical health problems and diseases. Mindfulness has its roots in meditation practices and teaches individuals to become increasingly conscious of their thoughts and feelings through observation of bodily sensations. Recently in Western culture, it has gained a dirty reputation as something only useful for young people or hipsters. In this course we review the effects of mindfulness and how to introduce it to a new population, your clients. Participants will be able to describe at least 3 ways mindfulness can be helpful for people living with mental health challenges. Participants will be able to utilize 2 clinical tools to introduce mindfulness to individuals in mental health recovery. Participants will be able to demonstrate at least one mindfulness exercise.
Like this webinar? Click here to view packages that contain this webinar.
- Introduction - 5 minutes
- Review of Research- 10 minutes
- Three States of Mind- 15 minutes
- Types- 10 minutes
- Mindfulness Change- 10 minutes
- Practical Interventions- 10 minutes
- Participants will be able to recall the history and clinical utilization of mindfulness practice.
- Participants will be able to distinguish between the three states of mind.
- Participants will be able to implement the introduction of mindfulness practice into clinical sessions with practical interventions.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 3 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapist Express and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.