Add this webinar to your calendar:
This seminar will provide therapists with an overview of the divorce process and a familiarity with the different options that couples have in how to get divorced. This presentation recognizes the pivotal role that therapists can serve in helping guide couples to work out their divorce in the best way possible. With a focus on mediation and the new and important interdisciplinary "Collaborative Divorce" model, therapists will have a greater insight to help clients assess which process would best serve their clients and families when divorce is inevitable.
1) Stages of the Divorce Process (10 minutes)
2) The Continuum of Divorce Process Options ("Kitchen Table", Mediation, Collaborative Divorce, Arbitration (Beth Din), Adversarial Negotiation, Litigation (Trial) (15 minutes)
3) Toward a Deeper Understanding: 4 Paradigm Shift Differences between Mediation / Collaborative Divorce vs. the Traditional Adversarial Divorce (15 minutes)
4) Secrets of the Trade: Concrete Tools that Collaborative Process Provide (10 minutes)
5) How Therapists can make all the difference in Guiding Couples through a Successful Divorce (15 minutes)
6) Questions and Answers (15 minutes)
- Participants will be able to describe the steps of divorce
- Participants will be able to explain the difference process how to get divorce in order to guide clients to find the best options.
- Participants will be able to explain the added value of mediation and collaborative divorce model and how this framework lead to better results
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 1 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.