Add this webinar to your calendar:
There is a well-known significant incidence of resistance to commonly used medication treatments for depression and anxiety. One underutilized, yet effective tool in addressing these disorders are monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs). Though considerable data and clinical experience over the last 60 years supports their value, that recent research demonstrates the exaggeration of safety and dietary concerns has hindered their use. This webinar will provide a primer on understanding and using these important and beneficial agents.
MAOIs: An Underutilized Tool In The Treatment Of Resistant Depression And Anxiety
November 19, 2023
ACCME Credit Designation Statement
Amedco LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits TM for physicians.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the effectiveness and clinical significance of monoamine oxidase inhibitors in the field of psychiatric practice.
- Evaluate and discern the appropriate and safe utilization of these pharmaceutical agents within clinical contexts.
- Proficiently apply dosing strategies for monoamine oxidase inhibitors, demonstrating a nuanced comprehension of their administration in clinical settings.
- Introduction: why these medications are relevant (10 minutes)
- Basic pharmacology of MAOIs (20 Minutes)
- Addressing the concerns and fears around these medicines (20 Minutes)
- Clinical usage and dosing of MAOIs (30 Minutes)
- Concluding thoughts (10 Minutes)
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 1.5 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco LLC and CE You! Amedco LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team. Successful completion of this program qualifies for up to 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Amedco LLC certifies that the attendee named above has participated in the enduring activity titled MAOIs: An Underutilized Tool In The Treatment Of Resistant Depression And Anxiety, online, between September 10, 2021 and September 10, 2024 and is awarded the number of AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM listed above. National JA Provider # 4008163.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.