Add this webinar to your calendar:
The psychodynamics of anger, to include common reasons for its occurrence and how it is manifested in children will be discussed. Specific play therapy techniques and CBT strategies for working with the angry child will be explored. The role of parents in coaching children to manage anger will also be included. This workshop is particularly important, given that a significant number of children in play therapy experience anger that is out of control.
Sonia Hinds, APRN, PMH-BC, RPT-S is the Founder and Executive Director of Chesapeake Beach Professional Seminars. Founder and Director of Barstow Acres Children’s Center, a non-profit organization that provides children’s mental health services. Trained in Gestalt play therapy with Violet Oaklander (retired). Authored chapter, Play Therapy with African-American Children in text, Cultural Issues in Play Therapy by Eliana Gil, PhD, RPT-S and Athena Drewes, PsyD, RPT-S.
Written cancellation must be received in our office at least ten business days prior to the training. If we receive notification within 10 business days, you will receive a refund minus $15.00 processing fee. If we do not receive notification within the 10 business days, you will not receive a refund or voucher. Chesapeake Beach Professional Seminars reserves the right to cancel a training due to inclement weather or not enough attendance. In this event, CBPS will provide you with a full refund. In the event of inclement weather please check your email for CBPS notifications/instructions and/or voicemail phone system.
- Identify various reasons for anger in children for which parents seek play therapy
- Describe various ways in which anger is manifested during play therapy sessions
- Demonstrate various toys to include in the playroom to facilitate expression of anger energy
- Demonstrate specific cognitive behavior techniques for managing anger
- Demonstrate play therapy techniques for managing anger
- Identify specific ways for parents to help child move toward self-regulation
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 4.5 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- Chesapeake Beach Professional Seminars (CBPS) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5763. CBPS is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. CBPS is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. CBPS maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 05/14/2018 to 05/14/2019. Social workers completing this course receive 3 clinical continuing education credits. CBPS is approved by the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners to sponsor Category I continuing education programs. CBPS is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists to offer professional development for school Psychologists, provider #106. CBPS is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s Board of Social Work, Provider #0122; and the Board of Mental Health Practitioners, Licensed Mental Health Counselors, Provider #MHC-0009 and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists, provider #MFT-0008. CBPS has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5763.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an intermediate level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.