Add this webinar to your calendar:
This interactive program will provide a review of the most common mental health and substance abuse disorders as they are defined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders Fifth Edition (DSM-V). It will also provide guidance and best practices for mental health professionals and providers to develop effective treatment plans/ and interventions for their clients that promote growth and quality of care.
Introduction/Ice Breaker (15 mins)
Mental Health and DSM-V (15 mins)
Treatment Planning (30 mins)
Practice Exercise (10 mins)
Depression/Anxiety (25 mins)
Poll questions (5 mins)
Break (5 mins)
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (30 mins)
Bipolar Disorder and Group Exercise (30 mins)
Schizophrenia (30 mins)
Break (5 mins)
Personality Disorders (30 mins)
Neurodevelopmental/Neurocognitive Disorders (10 mins)
Substance Abuse Disorders (20 mins)
Group Exercise (20 mins)
Mental Health Disparities (10 mins)
Q&A (10 mins)
- Participants will be able to identify symptoms/signs of some common mental health disorders
- Participants will be able to define treatment planning.
- Participants will be able to define SMART goals.
- Participants will be able to develop/write treatment goals, objectives and interventions that promote growth
- Participants will be able to choose best/effective treatment and interventions to include in a treatment plan.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for a beginner level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 4 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437