Add this webinar to your calendar:
Participants will write, reflect, meditate and engage in discussions about what it means to free ourselves from fragmentation and to find ourselves whole again. Fragmentation of the self has unintended consequences. Often, the consequences are depression, anxiety and blocked creativity. At the root of this there is fear. Fear of losing what we know, fear of the unknown. Fear comes from attachment to particular outcomes.
This class is informed by the Buddhist way of living and seeing the world. We’ll focus on the four Noble Truths: 1) There is suffering in life. 2) The cause of suffering is craving. 3) There is an end to suffering when we stop craving. 4) There is a path which leads away from craving and suffering. We’ll also discuss the four “immeasurables:” Love, Compassion, Sympathetic Joy and Equanimity.
This class is designed for individuals who are curious about how to integrate the multiple parts of our lives into a cohesive wholeness. Practitioners will learn practices that help people live with integrity and excellence, become more alive and creative, learn mindful movement and more! This class is for individuals interested in creating more psychological flexibility, so they can help people embrace life with curiosity, detachment and depth.
- Introductions and discussion of the material and other logistics (30 minutes).
- Discussing the principles behind Mindful Writing, with some hands-on activities (35 minutes).
- 5 minutes break
- Discussing the four pathways to wholeness, each pathway includes a poem that guides to introspection (1 hour).
- Breakout room discussions (25 minutes)
- Closing discussions (Q&A) and intentions for future practice. ( 25 minutes)
- The participants will be able to explain what mindfulness is and how it informs daily living.
- The participants will be able to describe the utilitarian use of poetry in the therapeutic context.
- The participants will walk away with resources they can apply with themselves and those they served.
This presentation is open to:
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
This Webinar Offers 3 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program..
- CE You LLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0437
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.