Add this webinar to your calendar:
Participants will write, reflect, meditate and engage in discussions about what it means to free oneself from fragmentation and to be whole again. Fragmentation of the self has unintended consequences. Often, the consequences are depression, anxiety and blocked creativity. At the root of this there is fear. Fear of losing what we know, fear of the unknown. Fear comes from attachment to particular outcomes.
This class is informed by the Buddhist way of living and seeing the world. We’ll focus on the four Noble Truths: 1) There is suffering in life. 2) The cause of suffering is craving. 3) There is an end to suffering when we stop craving. 4) There is a path which leads away from craving and suffering. We’ll also discuss the four “immeasurables:” Love, Compassion, Sympathetic Joy and Equanimity.
This class is designed for practitioners to learn to integrate the multiple parts of a clients life into a cohesive wholeness. Practitioners will learn practices that help people live with integrity and excellence, become more alive and creative, learn mindful movement and more! This class is for clinicians interested in creating client psychological flexibility, so they can help people embrace life with curiosity, detachment and depth.
- The participants will be able to explain what mindfulness is and how it can improve a clients daily living.
- The participants will be able to describe the utilitarian use of poetry in the therapeutic context.
- The participants will walk away with resources to assist in their work with clients.
Introductions and discussion of the material and other logistics (1 hour).
Discussing the principles behind Mindful Writing, with some hands-on activities (1 hour).
Discussing the four pathways to wholeness, each pathway includes a poem that guides to introspection (1 hour).
Closing discussions and intentions for future practice. (1 hour)
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 4 Continuing Education Credits
This webinar is recorded and will not grant live credits.
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapy Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- CE You! is an approved sponsor of the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners for continuing education credits for licensed social workers in Maryland. CE You! maintains responsibility for this program.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.