Add this webinar to your calendar:
Participants will write, reflect, meditate and engage in discussions about what it means to free ourselves from fragmentation and find ourselves whole again. Fragmentation of the self has unintended consequences. Often, the effects are depression, anxiety, and blocked creativity. At the root of this is fear. Fear comes from attachment to particular outcomes.
This four-hour course is informed by the Buddhist way of living and seeing the world. We’ll focus on the four noble truths: 1) There is suffering in life. 2) The cause of suffering is craving. 3) There is an end to suffering when we stop craving. 4) There is a path that leads away from craving and suffering. We’ll also discuss the four “immeasurables" : Love, Compassion, Sympathetic Joy, and Equanimity.
We will examine how to move away from debilitating language and illness metaphors and into new ways of telling our story, discerning what we want to integrate from our big history; with this, we will look back into ancestral wisdom as a restorative and healing practice.
This course is designed for individuals who are curious about how to integrate the multiple parts of life into a cohesive wholeness. Practitioners will learn practices that help people live with integrity and excellence, become more alive and creative, learn mindful movement and more. This class is for individuals interested in creating more psychological flexibility and more emotional language fluidity, so they can help people embrace life with curiosity, detachment and depth.
- The participants will be able to explain how mindfulness is an adjunct to writing which informs and can positively transform daily living.
- The participants will be able to describe the utilitarian use of poetry in the therapeutic context.
- The participants will be able to articulate the connection between The Four Noble Truths, the four Inmmesurables and therapeutic writing.
- The participants will analyze how to move away from debilitating language and illness metaphors and into new ways of telling the personal story.
- The participants will be able to discern between the big history and the personal story and how they informed each other.
- The participants will be able to utilize resources they can apply with themselves and those they served, including a variety of mindfulness practices and a selection of poems appropriate for therapeutic purposes.
Introductions and discussion of the material and other logistics (1 hour).
Discussing the principles behind Mindful Writing, with some hands-on activities (1 hour).
Discussing the four pathways to wholeness, each pathway includes a poem that guides to introspection (1 hour).
Closing discussions and intentions for future practice. (1 hour)
Certificates Provider -This Webinar Offers 4 Live Interactive Continuing Education Credits
- This program is co-sponsored by NEFESH International and Therapist Express. NEFESH International is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. NEFESH International maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- NEFESH International, Inc. is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0116.
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed marriage and family therapists #MFT-0046
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Mental Health Counselor #MHC-0082
- NEFESH International is recognized by the New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0048.
This presentation is open to:
- Behavior Analysts
- Social Workers
- Professional Counselors
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners
- Other professionals interacting with populations engaged in mental health based services
This online class is offered at an introductory level ,and is beneficial for an intermediate level clinician:
- New practitioners who wish to gain enhanced insight surrounding the topic
- Experienced practitioners who seek to increase and expand fundamental knowledge surrounding the subject matter
- Advanced practitioners seeking to review concepts and reinforce practice skills and/or access additional consultation
- Managers seeking to broaden micro and/or macro perspectives
- Refunds: Registrants who are unable to attend a Thrapy Express seminar or live webinars may ask for, and will receive, a credit or refund (your choice). Refund requests will be processed within 3 business days. When an attendee knows in advance that they are unable to attend we ask that they inform Thrapy Express ahead of time by emailing [email protected] or by calling or texting (631) 202-1010 this allows us to free up the spot in the training in the event that a training is at or near capacity.
- Disability Access: If you require ADA accommodations, please contact our office 30 days or more before the event. We cannot ensure accommodations without adequate prior notification.
- Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
- The grievance policy for trainings provided by the NEFESH INTERNATIONAL is available here
- Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid the tuition fee, logged in and out each day, attended the entire webinar, and completed an evaluation to receive a certificate (If this is a pre-recorded program, a post-test with a passing grade of 80% to receive a certificate.) Failure to log in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available. Certificates are available after satisfactory course completion by clicking here
- Participants will receive their certificate electronically upon completion of the webinar and course evaluation form.
- There is no conflict of interest or commercial support for this program.